The Wholefood Market offers the public a meeting place of like minds, similar philosophies of thinking about the world, around one. We are trying to tread softly upon the earth and to make a small start in the recovery of balance and healing. We are trying to work with the forces available to us from the earth i.e. earthworms and natural compost from our natural vegetable waste.
The need to preserve our resources is becoming more dire every day and we feel our responsibility is to bring about change in the reality of others by example. It’s watching what we throw down our drains – using bio detergents.
CHANGE IN LIFESTLYE = CHANGE IN CONSCIOUSNESS =BALANCE OF THE EARTH
But it’s not just the sheer quality of the food on offer that makes the WholeFood Market special – it is also about the people and the place.
Start your visit by meeting our traders, find out about what’s happening in the WholeFood Market, take a look behind the stalls or sample our delicious seasonal recipes. You can plan your trip by using our interactive Market Map to find the produce and traders you want.
“United Flavours of Nations”
• Polish patisserie
• Bulgarian yoghurt
• Albenian Cheese maker, dairy and goatsmilk
• English baker wood fired oven bread
• There are menus and tastes available at all the traders stalls
• Italian pestos and pastas and anti pasti
• Indian curries and samoosas, roti rolls, sweetmeats
• Fairtrade organic coffee and tea
• Spiceman will mix his spices to suit your individual taste
• Sauces and reductions and olive oils
• Olives cured in Gauteng by Cedric of O’live
• Homemade toffee
• Designer cupcakes by Gawie
• Raw honey
• Master chefs cater for corporate and private functions
• Fresh vegetables, herbs, fruit and flowers
• Growing? Rosemary will advise on what to plant where
• Earthworms for the kitchen, to turn your waste into compost
• Grow a tree
• Bio detergents and green loo rolls and many more
When: Every Sunday, from 9am – 2pm
Where: Blubird Shopping Centre, Atholl-Oaklands Road, off Corlett Drive, Atholl, Gauteng, South Africa