Started in September 1991, the Pietermaritzburg Farmers Market has proved popular with all Pietermaritzburgers looking for a source of healthy fresh produce at a good price.
The market has grown greatly since its inception and now consists of 58 stalls which cater for the following:
• Soil: Vegetables, fruit, nuts, olives, flowers, seedlings and various plants
• Dairy: Cheeses, butter, yoghurt, milk, cream and cream products
• Grocery: Eggs, jams, marmalades, pickles, olive oil, tea, honey and various condiments
• Bakery: Bread, pies, cakes and biscuits
• Paddock: Beef, lamb, pork and poultry
• Food stalls: Chinese snacks, samoosas, curry, vetkoek, pancakes and lots more
We hope to see you there soon…
When: Open every Saturday from 6 am – 10 am.
Where: 2 Swartkops Rd, Prestbury, Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa